Friday 10 May 2013

Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.



I think this memory has to be the most prolific in my mind. In my mind's eye I can see this in slow motion every time I tell the story.

When I was in year 7, I used to have to catch the bus home. I hated it. Absolutely hated it.

I used to try and leave class 5 minutes early by making up an excuse of leaving my pe kit somewhere or having to go to the front office for something.

Well, on this occasion I hadn't been allowed to leave early. I was so afraid of missing my bus that I ran (I am NOT a runner!) to catch it. I was doing well until I tripped over my own feet and super-manned across the floor. It was obviously hilarious to everyone but all I could think of was getting on the bus. So I got up and ran to it.

I made it. I sat on the bus willing myself not to cry. Covered in mud and dust. I texted my mum and asked her to meet me at the bus stop, which she did, as I got off the bus and saw her she just looked shocked. She thought I had been beaten up or attacked. I just cried!

Only now I am older is that story funny, I still have a scar on my knee from that fatal day.

4 comments:

  1. I remember it like it was just yesterday , it was one of the reasons I always picked you up in the car when I could :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, came here because improvised intentions mentioned you in her post today, THIS IS HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also here from improvised intentions....i am so sorry to hear about this and I can relate, but it made me giggle so i am also sorry about that.

    here is to no more falls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part was when you called it a "fatal day" that's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete