Friday 5 April 2013

Finding my way back to you

Every now and again I think I am getting the hang of things, then something changes and goes out of the window. Life I guess.

Anyways, Andy and I took a walk through Mutley Plain charity shops today - one of my favourite places for bargains. Andy managed to find a baby sign book I have been toying with buying for us for about 6 months now, and it was £1.50! Originally on amazon this costs almost £4. So not a huge saving but I was certainly pleased not to pay post and packaging too!

I am coming to the end of my maternity pay now and this is when the real budget has to kick in, to see if we can make it on one wage. I think this budgeting will get me back into blogging a little more simply because I need to be even thriftier than ever, with food, presents, clothes. Everything. Life in general has to become less about things and more about making the most of what we have. I know we can do it, it is daunting though.

I don't know if anyone else watches Superscrimpers on UK channel 4? If not use the link! You will be amazed and inspired. It is one of those programs I feel like I need a notepad next to me to keep the ideas ready for research later. Andy and I never fail to find something new to have a go at - even if it is just the beauty tips!!

I make no promises for this space, but I think I will be keeping my ideas here and I will try to keep this space up to date with as many tips as possible - provided I am saving enough money!

No comments:

Post a Comment