Monday 24 September 2012

Mummy Motivation

So I am still pregnant writing this but I have spent a lot of pregnancy promising myself that I cannot let myself become a mum that doesn't take care of herself and let things become too much for me.

I know that I need to find a way of incorporating the baby into any routine or exercise plans I have, but I am sure I can do it. Maybe not right away and quite probably it will be baby steps to start with. I just know that I need to keep my relationship with Andy just as much as I need to keep my happiness with me. Which means I have a lot on my plate!

Yet when there are dresses like these out there, a girl gets excited and motivation kicks in again!! All dresses are from ModCloth




I can definitely see a pattern forming!! 

I think this one <<< might be my favourite!


So who knows, I might treat myself to one of these as I start achieving my weight loss goals. You are more likely to see me thrifting and sharing the awesome scoops I find once I am happier. I definitely want to wear more dresses and I think I will need to invest in some good tights and flats after winter is done - I have enough boots to be happy for now!

What is your motivation? Do you have any tips for me?!



2 comments:

  1. I remember feeling the same way when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy with my daughter. On the one hand, I chose to breastfeed which really helped the weight come right off! I lost 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months with very little exercise. I did join a laid- back womans dance class (no- I am NOT a dancer) but I found the two evenings out per week with other adults doing something fun and silly was incredibly important to my sanity. It also allowed for excellent bonding time between baby and daddy. On the other hand, I was breastfeeding... Dresses and breastfeeding... total inconvenience. Especially in the beginning when baby needs to eat so often. Maybe this time I'll look into some nursing dresses. My baby boy is due in November, so I'm hoping by the time summer rolls around he can at least go long enough for me to sport a cute dress out- even if it is just to run errands! Good luck to you! Thank you for sharing the adorable inspiration!
    http://www.sewingourlifetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I have no motivation while pregnant. But afterward, my motivation is just being a good example for my daughter and feeling good. I want her to grow up active and healthy. She loves exercising with me at home, going for walks, and playing at the gym daycare while I work out. :)

    ReplyDelete